A few days ago, the government announced it was going to increase Value added tax VAT, a move which has angered many Ghanaians who says the current government ascended the seat of government by promising to cut down on Taxes, improve the economy and reduce the cost of living for the ordinary Ghanaian but very little of those promises have materialized in the 18 Months that the Nana Addo led government has been in power.
Some members of the ruling NPP have come out to defend the government and notable amongst them is Gabby Okyere-Darko. Some other NPP members have released a list of all the government policies and achievements by Nana Addo. Find the list below;
The Achievement Of The NPP Despite The Elimination Of Some Taxes. Take A Look.
1. Stabilization of Electricity, No Dumsor.
2. Restoration of Nursing Training Allowance.
3. Restoration of Teacher Training Allowance.
4. Establishment of GPS Address System.
5. Introduction of Artificial Pollination to boost Cocoa production.
6. Digital and Property addressing system
7. Implementation of Free SHS.
8. Stoppage of Illegal Mining (Galamsey).
9. The establishment of Development Authorities e.g. Coastal, Middle Belt, Northern Development Authorities.
10. Planting for Food and Jobs. Over 200,000 Farmers enrolled.
11. Payment of over 70% debts owed NHIS Service Providers.
12. Expansion of School Feeding Policy.
13. Expansion of Livelihood Empowerment Against Poverty (LEAP).
14. Establishment of Zongo Development Fund
15. Payment of BECE Registration for Final year JHS students.
16. Recruitment of over 20,000 Youth into the Youth Employment.
17. Increment of National Service allowance from GH¢350.00 – GH¢559.00.
18. Reducing Nursing Training forms from GH¢160.00 – GH¢100.00.
19. Ghana National Identification take off.
20. Employing over 16,000 Health Workers.
21. Raised Peace Keeping Allowance from $31 to $35.
22. $100 million NEIP fund established.
23. Reduction of the price of Fertilizer by 50%.
24. Payment of Research and Book Allowance to Lectures.
25. Payment of inherited debts to Contractors.
26. Teachers arrears from 2013 paid.
27. Payment of inherited Feeding Grants debts in the 3 Northern regions.
28. Recruitment of 25,000 youth under the Forestry commission.
29. Nation Builders Corp taking off with 100,000 graduates.
30. Commencement of work on 1 district 1 factory. And many more.