Ghanaians are a hardworking folk and holidays are a welcome rest and opportunity to engage in commemorations and spend time with family and friends.
In 2019, there shall be fourteen(14) official public holidays, up from a previous 13 last year. The new addition is Constitution Day recently introduced by the current government in celebration of our 1992 constitution on which the solid foundation of our democracy was built.
Here, we provide you with the list of National Public holidays of Ghana in 2019
1. Tuesday, 1st Jan. – New year’s day
2. Monday, 7th January – Constitution Day
3. Wednesday, 6th March – Independence Day
4. Friday, 19th April – Good Friday
5. Monday, 22nd April – Easter Monday
6. Wednesday, 1st May – May Day
7. Saturday, 25th May – African Unity Day (following Monday likely to be declared a holiday for workers)
8. Wednesday, 5th June – Eid Ul-Fitr
9. Monday, 1st July – Republic Day
10. Monday, 12th August – Eidul-Adha
11. Saturday, 21st September – Founders Day (Following Monday likely to be declared a holiday for workers)
12. Friday, 6th December – Farmer’s Day
13. Wednesday, 25th December – Christmas Day
14. Thursday 26th December – Boxing Day.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS IN ADVANCE FROM THE NSEMWOHA.COM TEAM
Feel free to share with your friends on social media.