The Special Prosecutors office was instituted by His Excellency Nana Akuffo Addo, fulfilling his campaign promise of setting up the office to fight the endemic corruption plaguing Ghana.
The president subsequently appointed Martin Amidu, a former attorney general to man the special prosecutors office. For some time now many Ghanaians wondered why the office hadn’t started prosecuting the many cases of corruption in the erstwhile John Mahama Administration.
A few days ago Mr. Martin Amidu came out to say that his office was putting in place the logistics to help it function and his work will soon start.
Earlier today, President Akuffo Addo swore in the governing board of the special prosecutor office to oversee its affairs. The board members are as follows;
1. Martin Amidu – Special Prosecutor
2. Cynthia Lamptey- Deputy Special Prosecutor
3. Charlse Nana Antwi – Rep of EOCO
4. DCOP Tiwaa Addo Danquah – Rep of Police Service
5. Linda Ofori Kwarfo – Rep of Anti Corruption Coalition
6. Kofi Boadu Boakye – Rep of FIC
7. Charlse Ayimadu – Rep of Chraj
8. Kwaku Domfe – Rep of National security
9. Addae Wereko- Rep of Auditor General