Why the change of logo?
• As an organisation that believes in innovation we felt the need to refresh our identity with a new logo that speaks to our values and one that is simple and clear. The rebranding will breathe new life into our authority’s public interface. It will position FDA as an evolving brand that moves with the times and remains relevant in a changing business environment.
• FDA recently celebrated its 20th anniversary so the new logo and brand identity reflect its renewed purpose for the future; reflecting the FDA’s expanded operations, values and regulatory philosophy.
Is anything about FDA changing with the rebranding?
• FDA remains the regulatory body for food and drugs administration in Ghana and continues to improve on their service delivery. The authority expects the brand refresh to drive an similar improvement in attitude and behavior of staff.
What should the public expect from FDA after this rebranding?
• The public should continue to have confidence in FDA as they oversee the administration of foods and drugs in the country.
• With this new look, we want to assure Ghanaians that, their foods and drugs are in safe hands.
What does FDA aim to achieve with this new outlook?
• In order not to veer too much away from the current logo, we have maintained certain visual aspects of the logo i.e. bold font, colours to bridge the gap between the old and the newnew logo
• FDA aims to achieve a renewed close social connection with Ghanaians. The authority wants to serve their stakeholders alongside building a good and lasting relationship with them.
• The rebranding will also afford the opportunity to boost the awareness of the authority as the communication in the brand transition phase will ignite discussion and boost the authority’s visibility.
• The rebranding will also help reflect the repositioned FDA stance of being a social brand that is human from inside out. An institution that is human centered.
What are the key elements in the new logo?
• The logo consists of two arcs in yellow and blue which form a circle around the acronym, “FDA”, which is also spelt in full in the shape of an arc above the circle.
• The interlocking arcs symbolise FDA’s willingness to embrace engagement with stakeholders. The full circular shape of the arcs represent the complete 360 required checks we conduct to ensure consumer wellbeing.
• Within the circle, “Ghana” sits beneath the A of FDA to specify the geographical location of the brand.