Comedian DKB has sent a serious and yet compelling message to the NPP Government regarding the change in the day founders of this nation are celebrated.
In a video released on his Instagram, the comedian quizzes why there are six (6) founders (The Big Six) but just one day to celebrate them.
He jokingly asserted there should be a six-day holiday in order to properly celebrate the founders of the Nation.
“Some things are very annoying. We were in Ghana celebrating our founders day, it was just one day for one person, Dr. Kwame Nkrumah. You come and tell us that it will be for 6 people…if we’re celebrating for 6 people how come it is not 6 days?, it must be fair for each person in the big six” he said..
The Founders’ day was changed from 21st September, the birthday of Dr. Kwame Nkrumah, the man widely credited as the father of the nation Ghana, to 4th August in order to acknowledge the immense contribution by the others which includes:
- Ebenezer Ako-Adjei – founding member of the UGCC
- Edward Akufo-Addo – founding member of the UGCC and subsequently Chief Justice of Ghana and President of Ghana
- Joseph Boakye Danquah – founding member of the UGCC
- Kwame Nkrumah – Prime Minister of Ghana and first president of Ghana
- Emmanuel Obetsebi-Lamptey – founding member of the UGCC
- William Ofori Atta – founding member of the UGCC (wikipedia)