Ballon D’Or organisers, France Football, have revealed why Neymar was left out their 30-man shortlist for the award.
Neymar was excluded along with last year’s winner Luka Modric and Harry Kane.
France Football have now claimed they snubbed the 27-year-old, after what they described as a “black year”.
It is the first time since 2010 that the Paris Saint-Germain forward has failed to make the shortlist.
The organising body gave eight reasons for his exclusion in a statement.
1. January 23 – Metatarsal injury
2. March 6 – Abusing match official after Man Utd match
3. April 27 – Pushing a supporter
4. June 6 – Ankle injury ahead of Copa America
5. August 9 – Cleared of rape allegation
6. Transfer window – Failed move to Barcelona
7. September 14 – Jeered by PSG fans
8. October 13 – Another injury on international duty
SEE ALSO “I Won’t Use My Money To Buy Ferrari, I Will Help My People” – Sadio Mane Speaks
Neymar was absent with that metatarsal injury as PSG exited the Champions League to Manchester United in the Round of 16, though he did help his side win the French title
🔥 TRENDING VIDEO: Suzzy Williams faked her death, now living as Nana Ama Mcbrown 🔥